grannie nightgowns and gurdwaras
I finally spent almost a full day not in this house!
Tuesday evening, I went over to Goodie Bhua's house for tea. (I've been spelling her name wrong for a long time...) And then I went with her to the dentist. Then we visited some friends of hers before going back to her house for dinner. After dinner, she suggested that I just spend the night instead of going back kind of late, so I decided to stay. And I got to wear this awesome grannie nightgown! ha.
Then the next morning, one of my mom's other aunts came over, and the three of us had breakfast. (It was old lady central - yessss.) Goodie Bhua's maid/cook makes really amazing food - hopefully, I'm going to learn a dish or two from her every time I go there. (That's the plan; we'll see how well it's executed...)
I didn't go home until about 3, and then I went over to my voice lesson, which was from 4-5. People stare at other people all the time over here; it's so weird. I get such weird glares as I walk down the street. On Monday, I was wearing jeans and a t-shirt, and so I got stared at like crazy, probably because not many women walk places here and because I look foreign. So when I went for my lesson on Wednesday, I wore a salvaar kameez, and the staring was less, but I still got looks. (I guess the people hanging out on the street have nothing better to do...?)
Anyway, my voice teacher's house, in Greater Kailash II, is right down the street from the neighborhood gurdwara, and I stopped by after my lesson. It's such a beautiful gurdwara! Most of the historical gurdwaras in India are really amazing, but I'd never seen a neighborhood Delhi gurdwara that was in the same grand style as the traditional gurdwaras. (I'll post pics when I can find wifi...) So I think I'll stop by there more often. Also, it was so nice and peaceful within the gurdwara complex. It didn't feel like I was in New Delhi at all; I would love to just sit on a bench there and hang out for a little bit when the weather is a little bit cooler.
After I got back, Bani, my cousin, and I went to her friend's house to see her friend's niece, who is one year old. (She was adorable, and she liked to bark like a dog; it was pretty funny.) On the way back, Bani and I suggested that we go to some sort of "rock show" with her friend on Sunday...! So it should be interesting! Also, I think we're definitely going to Chandigarh on October 1-3.
Stuff is starting to look up! I'm going to join a gym today - there's one right down the street! woohoo, finally!!!

<< Home