scatterbrains 'r' us
Why am I such a scatterbrain? I swear I lose stuff every day. Right now, for example, I can't find a pair of pants... And on Friday, I left my cell phone in a silver shop in M-block market, but thankfully, I got it back on Saturday. Then, after I came home from my lesson (and getting my cell phone), I realized I locked my key in my flat! (But, fortunately, one side door had accidentally been left unlocked. That was soooo lucky. There are no spare keys...)
Other than being so absent-minded, I'm starting to have more fun here, and I'm getting busier. Yesterday I had a tabla lesson, and a voice lesson. The tabla lesson was frustrating because the teacher speaks only Hindi, no English at all! (And I really don't know anything about Hindi, haha.) And then, during the lesson, my two-day-old tabla ripped at the top! But it's cool, we're going to make sure that they make me another one or fix it or whatever free of charge. They're really nice tablas so I was really confused and sad!
But my voice lessons have been really awesome. I really like my teacher; she's so sweet and really good. She's also Sikh, and so we speak in broken Punjabi and English back and forth. (Her English is probably a little better than my Punjabi, but at least I try to speak in Punjabi, haha.) I'm learning a lot more classical vocal stuff than I have before from other teachers. And she studied music in college and all; she has a Master's in music from Delhi University. It's so funny how singing classical vocal is so much like Aural Skills III at Oberlin, (which I need to take again...). During the lesson, that thought occurred to me, and it was frightening. haha.
Other than that, I've been going to the gym, which is awesome. The gym fees, which were really cheap, come along with a trainer, so every time I go, he tells me what to do. It's great.
Then last night, I went out to dinner and karaoke with Bani and some of her friends. It was hilarious; we went to this tea cafe and charaoke place - interesting combo, i know - and basically hogged the machine the whole night. We met these two hilarious and completely wasted dudes who wanted to hog the machine too. One was from Sikkim and one was from Bangalore, but he is originally Tibetan. (I have pics, ha, I'll put them up whenever I put all the others up...) They were on vacation and having fun in New Delhi. They were so cracked out, and we were all laughing hysterically but toward the end, I made friends with them and we picked songs. They were so into it! They said that they had been going to that place for karaoke all week long!
Today I'm going to lunch with Goodie Bhua, her son and his wife, and their daughter Sahiba. Then we're going to this "rock show" at 4 pm. sweeeeeeeeet.
and I need to practice hardcore!!!

<< Home