earthquake earthquake!
There were tremors all over north india and also pakistan and afghanistan this morning! And I didn't feel a thing... The servants were outside watering plants, and they said that the pots were shaking! craaaaazy.
I haven't been up to too much - lessons and not enough practice. On Thursday, I went to Cannaught Place - the old business and shopping district of Central Delhi - with Goodie Bhua. She had to go to five or so doctors at a hospital there and do some bank errands. I had to pick up some salvar kameez suits and blouses that were getting stitched. After that, we went to lunch with some distant family - two old ladies that are my mom's second cousins or something. They're about Goodie Bhua's age, so I was hanging out with old ladies again! yessss.
Oh yeah - at their house, I got to eat the fruit that looks like an artichoke. On the outside, it's hard and green with funny spikes, but on the inside, it's soft and fleshy. You open it up and it falls into sections that you eat with a spoon, and each section has a black almond-shaped seed on the inside. It tastes like honeysuckle! It's called seetafal or shareefa in Punjabi. Custard apple in English.
Yesterday, Bani and I went to M-block market for shopping and errands. She and her family are going to Goa Monday morning for the whole week. (I'm going to go stay with Anu Masi, my mom's cousin, and her family for the week.) So Bani was getting new clothes for the trip and all of that. I got new shoes and contact lenses.
At night, we went to Bangla Sahib gurdwara - the famous historical gurdwara in New Delhi. (It is built on the site where one of the founders of Sikhism, Guru Harkrishan Dev Ji, visited Delhi in 1664. http://allaboutsikhs.com/gurudwaras/gd-bangla.htm for more info and a picture.)
It was very pretty and serene at night. We got there when they were taking vaak and doing sukhaasan - the closing gurdwara ceremonies that are conducted every evening. I had never been there at night before.
not much else is going on... I'm doing kirtan* in Bhai Vir Singh Hall tomorrow from 10:30 - 11:20!!! My first big international gig, woohoo. haha. errrr I'm not ready at all...
byeeee
*doing kirtan = singing sikh hymns

<< Home