inarticulations

Monday, October 03, 2005

weekend report

It's Sunday night, and a couple hours ago, I got back from spending Saturday night and most of today with Bebu Masi, my mom's first cousin, and her family. Yesterday they picked me up after I went to the gym, and then we went back to their house to play with their daughters, eat dinner, etc. Bebu Masi and Rajat Uncle have two little girls, Deeya and Kaira (6 and 4...?), who are so adorable! They wear matching outfits every day, which are usually primarily pink or purple - haha.

After going back to their house, we had coffee and snacks and then I read them bedtime stories! It reminded me of babysitting in high school except way more fun 'cause I didn't have to do any dirty work. Then I went on a walk with Bebu Masi, we had dinner, put the girls to bed, and went to see Cinderella Man at PVR Saket, one of the big multiplex movie theatres here. The movie theatres here have security checks at the entrances so that you don't bring in cameras or weapons, and I almost wasn't allowed in because I had a minidisc recorder in my purse! oops...

Today we woke up late (finally!) and had brunch before taking the girls to a carnival. We rode the ferris wheel and they played games, etc. But it was really hot outside, so we didn't stay for too long. The girls are obsessed with playing "I Spy" in the car, so everywhere we went, that was the game of choice! It got really annoying after a while... Then we had a late lunch/snack outing at Big Chill, an American restaurant chain in South Delhi, before they dropped me off at Hemkunt Colony, where I'm staying.

When they dropped me off, Kaira said, "Momma, is this America?" soooo cute.