sugar and spice and everything nice...?
Granted, spending time with Deeya - almost six - and Kaira - four-and-a-half - has been really fun, but little girls can be such brats! I know I shouldn't be saying this; I was probably more bratty than both of them combined when I was little. Still, I guess just spending so much time aruond them has been hard but also really fun.
Deeya is often somewhat bossy and wants to be the center of attention all the time. She's fun and smart, but the bossiness gets to me. Also, she is so violent! I forget how physical little kids can be! For every little thing, she wants to hit or pull hair or push someone. Even when she's just having fun, she wants to push you! Kaira, on the other hand, is generally more sweet in disposition, but she's extremely clever. She's fun and always wants to do things together, rather than be the specially-treated one, like Deeya. But when she doesn't get what she wants, she immediately starts crying and throws a tantrum. So then when you say, ok, ok, i'll give you this, or whatever it is, she's back to being happy-go-lucky and perfectly fine.
I know all kids act like this - I did a fair share of babysitting in high school, but being with them all the time highlights these qualities. Other than that, they're really fun girls. They want to do everything with me, which is fun but also annoying at times. We've slept in the same bed together for the last few nights - I sleep in the middle with them on either side. Deeya doesn't move much, but I swear Kaira rolls either way every hour. First she'll roll right onto me and sleep right next to me for a while, then after a while she'll roll toward the wall and stay there for a while. So every time she rolls into me, I wake up. It's cute, though. (Last night we slept in separate beds though, so I actually got a full night of sleep!)
Also, the last few days, I told them to pick out which earrings that I should wear, but that I would only wear them if they would decide together on one pair of earrings. So of course, the first day, they couldn't decide and I didn't wear any. But the last two times, they picked them out together! Maybe I'm teaching them something...?! I wanted them to be able to make decisions together rather than always fighting over the silliest things.
And I had no idea what kind of effect that the iTunes visualizer would have on two little girls. Our second dance party was history as soon as I showed them the visualizer. Every time, it changed colors, which is about every two seconds, they said "Ami Didi, look! look, Ami Didi!"
note: "didi" means sister in Hindi. (pronounced dhee-dhee)

<< Home